[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key=Cycleworth

Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 13 13:27:23 BST 2009

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cycleworth

As many of you know on http://openmtbmap.org I offer bicycle / mtb /
hiking maps for Europe to downlad (mainly used by Garmin GPS owners).
But even with the current wealth of keys, it is still impossible to know
whether I should give priority to a way or not. I propose key=cycleworth
to remedy that situation, and also have another key besides
route=bicycle (which should be used for officially declared cycleroutes)
to quickly allow for picking out the ways that are good to cycle.

This is clearly a subjective not objective key and not intended to be as
objective as possible!!!!!!

There are some subkeys, that further specify the usage class whenever
needed (or in general). Theese are
cycleworth_mtb
cycleworth_touring
cycleworth_rr (road cycling)
cycleworth_destination (getting from A to B quickly).

See the page here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cycleworth

Please help getting this useful quickly, so that bicycledesignated maps
/ map authors can start using it