[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key=Cycleworth

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Sat Jun 13 20:59:27 BST 2009

On Jun 13, 2009, at 8:27 AM, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cycleworth
>
> As many of you know on http://openmtbmap.org I offer bicycle / mtb /
> hiking maps for Europe to downlad (mainly used by Garmin GPS owners).
> But even with the current wealth of keys, it is still impossible to
> know
> whether I should give priority to a way or not.

Great minds think alike (and then there's my mind)!  I was out on my
bike yesterday thinking about this problem.  Yes, we need something
more than a binary "bicycle=yes" or "bicycle=no".  I was thinking of
an open-ended scale, but you are right to bound it at plus or minus
three.  I assume that you mean the default for an ordinary residential
road to be zero?

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - Twitter: Russ_OSM - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson