[OSM-talk] SOTM 08 videos

Arlindo Pereira nighto at nighto.net
Wed Jun 24 02:23:03 BST 2009

Maybe not the appropriate thread for that, but we could stream the SOTM 09
videos with an Symbian S60 phone (such as N95) with Qik (http://qik.com/).
The software streams video in high quality, so everyone can watch them live,
leave an MP4 copy on the cellphone and the Qik website can automatically
publish the video in Youtube when the stream has ended. The software is not
opensource (nor the codec/container), but we can transcode the videos to Ogg
Theora.

If there's an open wireless access point, I can do it with my cellphone.

[]

2009/6/19 Cartinus <cartinus at xs4all.nl>

> On Thursday 18 June 2009 12:39:33 Erik Johansson wrote:
> > Is there a video team for state of the map 2009?
>
> On Monday 15 June 2009 21:57:02 Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > SOTM09 in Amsterdam is drawing close
> <snip>
> > It would be great if we could publish as much of the event as possible
> > online soon after the event. For this, we will need people
> > volunteering to record the talks on video. If you're interested,
> > contact team at stateofthemap.org and we'll get in touch with you.
> > There's a free ticket to SOTM09 for those willing to take on at least
> > one day of recording! If you can supply equipment, that's great. We're
> > working on having a camera available though.
>

> --
> m.v.g.,
> Cartinus

Arlindo Saraiva Pereira Jr.

Bacharelando em Sistemas de Informação - UNIRIO - uniriotec.br
Consultor de Software Livre da Uniriotec Consultoria - uniriotec.com

Acadêmico: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.br
Profissional: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.com
Geral: contato at arlindopereira.com
Tel.: +5521 92504072