[OSM-talk] [Tag] "Ref" in "link"

Xav x at nainwak.com
Thu Jun 25 08:12:08 BST 2009

> What is your suggested ref for links that are an entrance, not an exit?

Well... no reference ?
If there is no reference for an entrance, it may be artificial to put a
reference.
Someone on the French mailing list (talk-fr) explained that he puts the
reference of the road where you go (every link is shown as an entrance in this
case).

> And can you give an example of what you mean by an exit ref?
> Where I come from, some exits have numbers, but the number is
> associated with the highway ref, so you'd still need that as well.

Here is an example in France :

http://maps.google.fr/?ie=UTF8&ll=48.081778,-1.647391&spn=0,359.961848&z=15&layer=c&cbll=48.081749,-1.647577&panoid=OUTdtU68JZ69U9zdcNcHgw&cbp=12,85.64,,1,-8.41

The road where you are is a "trunk", the road where you go is a "secondary"
road. The information about the link/exit are in the upper sign. It has a name
and a reference :
 name = "Porte d'Angers"
 ref = "5"

Cheers,