[OSM-talk] Front page design and SEO

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Mar 5 01:31:44 GMT 2009

Hi,

Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:
> We should dedicate some resources to making a few other Mapnik-generated
> layers for US, German and other popular countries styles. We've already
> got Cycle Map, Piste Map etc.

Let's not go over the top here; these efforts are private (or sometimes
partly company sponsored) but not masterminded by OSMF. If a national
community manages to set up their own rendering and tiling then let's
link to them and if not then not.

(I see that for some countries people have put up slippy maps covering
only that country. I would love to one day interweave these individual
servers by way of a cool getTileUrl OpenLayers function so that you can
zoom across Europe and see each country as rendered by the national OSM
group ;-)

Bye
Frederik