[OSM-talk] Front page design and SEO

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Mar 5 08:51:06 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> (I see that for some countries people have put up slippy maps covering
> only that country. I would love to one day interweave these individual
> servers by way of a cool getTileUrl OpenLayers function so that you can
> zoom across Europe and see each country as rendered by the national OSM
> group ;-)

I'm not sure delegating to all sort of different servers is the best way
to implement such a thing for lots of reasons. We just need the master
stylesheet to be able to take location into account when rendering.

Aside from anything else if you did it by delegation the style could
only change on the edge of a tile.

Then again, I'm not sure it works to be changing styles at a land border
anyway - it will look very odd if motorways suddenly change colour
because you've reached a border.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)