[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] License to kill

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:07:56 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM, graham <graham at theseamans.net> wrote:

> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
> > I believe the Foundation intends to give a vote *only* to those who were
> > members in good standing as of January 23rd so your few days had better
> > be 40-ish if you want to have a say in the matter.
>
> How do I find out if I'm a member in good standing? Is it possible to
> check the register of members? I paid for membership - once, quite a
> long time ago - and have never received any subsequent request for
> "subscription and other sum (if any) which shall be due and payable to
> the Association in respect of my membership" - so I guess I've probably
> been dropped from the list. Is that the way it works? No reminders, and
> silently dropped?  Or do you stay a member as long as you haven't been
> asked for another subscription, terminating at death? That would seem to
> be the implication of the 'general' section in the articles of association.
>
> Graham
If you were a member, but for whatever reason, are not fully paid up, then
we give reasonable latitude to pay the fee and be re-instated.  You would
not lose your right to vote.

It's not our intention that members should be penalised because we or you
missed an email or a cheque got lost in the post or something.

80n