[OSM-talk] Wiki page for big data contributors needs updating

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Sat Mar 14 09:06:48 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Mike Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:

> It would also help if you could fill in the contact column with a contact
> either from organisation or from the OSM community knowledgeable about the
> import.  Any information in the license column would also help.

I'm the main guilty for all the italian mass imports, those already
done and those still to come (authorized, but yet to be imported in to
the database).

The problem I see is that I asked the various administrations for
derivation rights under CC-BY-SA licence.

Clearly I do not want to go back and ask them again for agreement
under a new licence.

Whose data are they anyway? Mine, since I uploaded them in OSM, or
theirs because otherwise I would not have had data tu build upon?

The fact that I converted them from a different coordinates Datum and
did choose which OSM tags to be applied, gives me some rights to
choose? who has to choose if I will need to dump those mass imports?

Even if this horrifies me, I think I will be ulimately forced not to
switch to the new licence in order to fulfill the authotization I was
granted by the local governments. Thus dumping all of the OSM work I
have ever done.

-S