[OSM-talk] Wiki page for big data contributors needs updating

Ulf Möller usenet at ulfm.de
Sat Mar 14 11:25:34 GMT 2009

Simone Cortesi schrieb:

> Whose data are they anyway? Mine, since I uploaded them in OSM, or
> theirs because otherwise I would not have had data tu build upon?

Mainly the governments', but probably also yours because you did a lot
more  than just uploading a .osm file.

> Even if this horrifies me, I think I will be ulimately forced not to
> switch to the new licence in order to fulfill the authotization I was
> granted by the local governments. Thus dumping all of the OSM work I
> have ever done.

You're certainly not the only one. This is already listed as an open
issue at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Open_Issues#Relicensing_content_derived_from_CC-BY-SA_works