[OSM-talk] GPS track upload working?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Mar 19 23:38:02 GMT 2009

Gordon Dey wrote:
> I just saw this with a 55KB file. Specifically:
>
>    Unable to open /store/gpx/traces/336906.gpx (errno=No such file or directory)
>    XML parser at line 0 column 0
>
> Looks, to the uninitiated observer, like the file was CREAT-d, but not actually
> filled in. Perhaps there is a file-system-full (or quota) condition being struck?

How exactly do you reach that, clearly erroneous, conclusion? If the
file had been created you wouldn't be able to get a "No such file error"
would you...

There is a race condition that can cause this to happen, as we have to
add the record to the database before we can rename the file to it's
final name, but the importer deliberately ignores any recently added
files to avoid triggering that.

My best guess is that the delay isn't long enough under particular load
conditions and that we may need to increase it.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/