[OSM-talk] Rights of way again

Ciaran Mooney general.mooney at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:06:39 GMT 2009

Hi,

>>and then use access= to describe privacy or otherwise ...
>
> Hmm, I haven't done that so far.  My normal policy is that if it's clearly
> private (like the path to someone's front door) I will not map it at all.
> But
> communal paths shared between two or more houses, or on commercial rather
> than
> residential land, I will add.

I will map anything that my access has not been restricted to. Ie A
road is obviously private, however access has not been restricted by a
gate etc. Occasionally I get asked a few questions, but explaining the
situation usually gets a good response. If I'm asked to leave on road
that is private I will leave. Simple.

Ciarán