[OSM-talk] highway=cycle&footway

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:08:33 BST 2009

If it's good enough for a horse and a mountain-bike, but not really a
"normal" bicycle, I'd tag it as "highway=bridleway" in the UK, "highway=path
(+horse=yes if explicitly signposted)" elsewhere. If it's been improved such
to be good enough for a "normal" bicycle, I'd tag it as
"highway=cycleway+designation=public_bridleway+horse=yes".

I'm intending to add much of this to Mike's "designation" proposal in the
next few days, though I feel the need to understand a bit more about
how/where "path" is being used in Germany first.

Richard