[OSM-talk] Nokia Mobile Phone - GPS

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon May 11 12:51:44 BST 2009

>I've just got a new Nokia 6220 Classic Mobile Phone. Its got a built
>in GPS which means I've been able to get out and get a bit more
>mapping done.... (Since I did not have a GPS this has been difficult)

I have Freemap Mobile in development, which aims to provide Freemap
(countryside orientated OSM maps) to Java ME enabled phones. It already
displays maps though has a few issues which need ironing out: I also aim
to add full POI support (what's the nearest pub to you? etc) and
in-the-field reporting of path problems, which kind-of works at the moment
but again needs some work.

It's available at http://www.free-map.org.uk/downloads/ - use at own risk!

Nick