[OSM-talk] Nokia Mobile Phone - GPS

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Mon May 11 14:07:56 BST 2009

2009/5/11 Nick Whitelegg <Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk>:
>>I've just got a new Nokia 6220 Classic Mobile Phone. Its got a built
>>in GPS which means I've been able to get out and get a bit more
>>mapping done.... (Since I did not have a GPS this has been difficult)
>
> I have Freemap Mobile in development, which aims to provide Freemap
> (countryside orientated OSM maps) to Java ME enabled phones. It already
> displays maps though has a few issues which need ironing out: I also aim
> to add full POI support (what's the nearest pub to you? etc) and
> in-the-field reporting of path problems, which kind-of works at the moment
> but again needs some work.
>
> It's available at http://www.free-map.org.uk/downloads/ - use at own risk!
>
> Nick

Right I'm not going to do anything with this before checking whats
already been done. plus it does not seams as simple as I thought it
should be......

I've currently got GPSMid downloaded and I'm trying to get it on my
phone, but Converting just the UK seams to take quite a bit of time,
and rather overloaded by 64bit Dual Core 2Gb  Linux box last night.

Peter.