[OSM-talk] OSMF - Seeking community members to look at OSMF Articles of Association

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 17:35:27 BST 2009

Dear OSMers

The OpenStreetMap Foundation is operated in line with its Articles of
Association [1]. These Articles dictate how the foundation should be run and
what its board and members can and cannot do etc.

The current Articles of Association are fairly generic, having been adopted
when the Foundation was formed. As a result they perhaps do not perfectly
reflect the way in which we as a community wish them to work.

It is normal from time to time to revisit the Articles and look to change
them where the need or wish arises. Any proposed changes require Foundation
membership approval and this process is normally achieved during voting at
the Annual General Meeting, in our case in August.

At the last OSMF board meeting it was agreed to set up a new Working Group
to look at possible changes to the Articles of Association. This email is
being circulated to extend an invitation to OSM community members to sit on
this working group.

If you have an hour or two each week to spare and can assist in the
establishment and activity of this new group the community and Foundation
board will be extremely grateful.

If you are interested and can help, please email me at
secretary at osmfoundation.org with your contact details.

Cheers

Andy

[1]
http://foundation.openstreetmap.org/memorandum-of-association/articles-of-as
sociation/

Andy Robinson
Secretary
OpenStreetMap Foundation
0777 553 7872
andy at osmfoundation.org

Name & Registered Office:
Openstreetmap Foundation
16 Oakfield Glade
Weybridge
Surrey
KT13 9DP
United Kingdom
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Registration No. 05912761.