[OSM-talk] R: R: RFC: amenity=mortuary (and amenity=emergency_room)

Fabrizio Carrai fabrizio.carrai at gmail.com
Wed May 13 22:52:55 BST 2009

"For areas of land used by people": maybe it too much generic and maybe the one I know it includes a building but has a wide garden all around.

> > I don't know in other launguages but in italian the most common
> meaning for
> > AMENITY is something nice, beautiful, pleasant...
>
> Eh già ;)
> However, I'd really stick to "amenity": those are meant as
> "facilities" (maybe
> "facility=" would be better? But then we would need to change a
> *lot* of tags
> out there)

In my opinion it would have been far more appropriate, but you are right, it is almost impossible to change.

> > attributes not related at all with "morgue" and few other
> "amenity=..." like:
> >
> > - crematorium
> > - dentist
>
> Uhm.. I'm studying dentistry.. wanna come? :p

My one is already enough for me, thanks! ;-)

> > [..]
> >
> > Just for the sake of completeness there is also the (unusual)
> translation in
> > "comodita' " (commodity), that is the one that make more sense
> in the OSM
> > context.
>
> Also "comodità" in Italian has a different meaning from the
> English term, I
> believe.

Corrections are always welcome, but in that case it is not important.

Ciao!
	Fabrizio