[OSM-talk] Will Google ever use OSM data?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Nov 3 01:06:41 GMT 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Kai Krueger wrote:
>  Google might even turn
> into a tougher competitor for OSM than Navteq or TeleAtlas, as they are
> using some of the same advantages as OSM, crowd sourcing and providing
> mapping data for free,

We need competition
We should be thrilled that we are also providing competition

Remember that we are all trying to improve, and we are seeing ourselves taken
being taken very seriously by a competitor. When mapping starts in earnest in
a third world country on the OSM map, then google thinks they have potential
mappers and opens mapmaker for that area.
This competition should improve both maps.