[OSM-talk] HELP: signing problem on wiki ( different user-name wiki <-> osm-server)

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Nov 21 18:30:21 GMT 2009

colliar wrote:
> I have different user-names on osm-wiki and osm-server. (only capital as first
> letter and not)
> The link on my wiki-user-page works well. Only signing does not. It should be:
> [User:username|Username]].
> In stead it turns out:
> [[User:Username|[[User:username|Username]]]]

You probably have written "[[User:username|Username]]" to the
"Signature" option field in your wiki preferences, but haven't enabled
the "Raw signatures" check box. Without the "Raw signatures" option, the
"Signature" field will only modify the visible part of your signature,
that is, the part after the "|". And it will convert all special
characters, such as "[", "]" and "|".

By the way: The wiki doesn't distinguish between the pagenames
User:username and User:Username anyway, so I don't think you even need
to modify the link target.

I hope this helps you solve your problem.

Tobias Knerr