[OSM-talk] OpenMoonMap/OpenUniverseMap? (forward from newbies at openstreetmap.org)

Xan dxpublica at telefonica.net
Sun Nov 22 10:43:48 GMT 2009

Follow Richard suggest  ;-) :

I post it the original messages I posted in newbies at openstreepmap.org:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any plans to expand openstreetmap to map the universe: the
> solar planets, the constellation, the Moon, etc.? We could have
> _really_ free raw information (only see and official aggencies).
>
> Another time, thanks for the project.
>
> Regards,
> Xan.
> [http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Som%20en%20Xavier]

In newbies list many people show interest in that project for
cartographying the Moon, Mars, Solar System, and for extension, the
Universe. I think it could be easy to expand openstreetmap to
openuniversmap. I'm a newbee (the original poster) and I have no
technical details avaliable, but you can follow the original thread:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/newbies/2009-November/004286.html
for this purpose.

I hope a enough group of people interest that. I could help tagging the
craters, missions of the moon and translate names to catalan and spanish.

Thanks and regards,
Xan.