[OSM-talk] Mapping a favela (slum)

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 08:00:26 GMT 2009

Congrats, Arlindo!

Here in Kibera, we purchased recent satellite imagery, but you can only tell so much. And we use the Garmin eTrex Legend HCx. Kibera is very dense, and the tracks are often not that precise. But in combination, we can have good certainty of where the paths lie .. the GPS tracks give a rough guide, and interpretation of the imagery with local knowledge helps a lot.

So my recommendation is the combination :)

We're using Walking Papers too. We need to put some more work into WP .. Kibera POIs are so dense, some of the nodes aren't rendered, which can be confusing.

Cheers
Mikel

 == Mikel Maron ==
http://mapkibera.org/