[OSM-talk] Fwd: Idea: shp2osm2gpx2donateBYseparate login

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 09:48:49 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,
What do you think of the idea to convert the shp files to OSM, then to
GPX and upload it that way?
This way, we (at a minimum) just have a gpx track of where the data
that is available, geographically is.
It doesnt mean that the features will end up being uploaded, it just
provides a 'tracer'.

This can be VERY handy for the leavely mapped areas, as well as not so
heavely mapped areas. (since its a 'guide' 1 of many gpx tracks
around)

This way, i can create a separate login for this, and just upload
these 'created' gpx tracks, and it will NOT interfer with ANY osm
data.

Would it be possable to allow me to upload these tracks?

Thanks,
Sam