[OSM-talk] Path vs footway vs cycleway vs...

Nop ekkehart at gmx.de
Mon Nov 30 07:29:22 GMT 2009

Hi!

Cartinus schrieb:
> On Sunday 29 November 2009 22:53:58 Nop wrote:
>> Richards view works only in the UK and fails
>> terribly in Germany and other countries.
>
> Richards view works in a lot more countries than the UK. You can see it even
> works in Germany by just looking at how Germany is currently mapped. Fuzzy
> logic is flexible and extensible, that's why it works.

Let me apply your logic to a different use case. Just imagine that in my
country there is a law that generally allows bicycles to use a one-way
road in both directions.

So I would define one-way as "mainly or exclusively intended for use in
one direction, bicycles may use both" and I claim that this is sufficient.

If you have a more rigid law where one-way is strictly for all vehicles,
  it does not matter, fuzzy logic is good. Right?

I don't think so.

But again, it is a waste of time to discuss whether there is a problem
at all when we have chaotic and contradictory tagging for very basic use
cases. That is a problem.

bye
	Nop