[OSM-talk] Tiger data and county lines

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Oct 1 00:02:35 BST 2009

Mike N. writes:
 > JOSM -
 >   How to select a way underneath another way?  Usually admin
 > boundaries are selected when trying to select the way.  When there
 > are 2 duplicate ways and nodes under an admin boundary, this is
 > very time consuming.

You're right, it's hard to select two ways when they overlap
completely.  I find it easiest to add a new node by clicking on a +
and moving it over just a bit.  That separates out the nodes.  Then I
delete the duplicate way, and delete the new node I just created, so
the database gets nothing added to it and the duplicate way deleted.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog