[OSM-talk] Flickr Now Supports OSM Tags

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Oct 1 13:09:45 BST 2009

Hi,

Dave F. wrote:
> I find it very disappointing you feel there is a them & us situation.

Yes, very disappointing but not every human being on earth happens to
have an OSM account. We're working on it.

> Isn't that just putting an artificial middle man into the equation?

The cool thing about this is that users can control what kind of middle
man they want.

> Wouldn't it be better to have an organised, original data?

Not in my eyes. If users come to us and say: "Hey, we'd like to have
only 6 road categories not 18" then, instead of removing information in
our database to be compliant, we simply give them a set of rules for
their artificial middle man that gives them 6 road categories, and we
don't even have to change all our editors and re-educate all our
mappers. Best of both worlds, innit?

Bye
Frederik