[OSM-talk] Overlay showing wikipedia links

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:08:32 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM, andrzej zaborowski
>I never understood these arguments and want to encourage using a single wikipedia= tag.

I never understood people who wants to have wikipedia urls in OSM
data. It is not OSM role to point to wikipedia articles but wikipedia
to point to OSM geodata. And this has to be done through lat/lon
coordinates.
Otherwise, we will see nodes with 120 wikipedia url's (for each
language) and later it will be url's to myEncyclopedia or
myWordDictonnairy or yourFlickr and so on. OSM has not to replace
google for indexing every web application using geolocalized data.
Don't be surprised if one day, all those url's will be removed by a
clean-up bot.
Pieren