[OSM-talk] Overlay showing wikipedia links

Dan Karran dan at karran.net
Fri Oct 2 15:07:10 BST 2009

2009/9/30 andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com>:

> seeing that features that get visualised in some form somewhere (e.g.
> on a slippymap on the web) get mapped more often than other features,
> I've set up an overlay that shows the External Links (proposal at
> [1]), most importantly links to wikipedia pages [2] directly from
> objects in OSM.
>
> It's at http://www.openstreetmap.pl/wp (see caveats below).

This is great to see the Wikipedia data being visualised.. nice work!

In terms of interface, those circles can get in the way at times so it
can be difficult to see what's under them, especially as they grow in
size when you move your mouse near them. Also the display of areas can
hide everything that's underneath them (e.g. on the Isle of Man), so
perhaps they could be pushed to the back?

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Karran