[OSM-talk] Please

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Fri Oct 2 19:57:24 BST 2009

Andy Allan wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:46 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2009/10/2 Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Then the people who are mailing more than their fair share of posts
>>> will be asked to post less often. Hopefully they will realise that
>>> every time they post to the list it's delivered to 1,000s of others
>>> and they should keep their contributions under control.
>>>
>> What exactly is this magical limit of fair share?
>>

> Entirely depends on how useful your messages are, it's not a fixed
> limit. You'll know when you've gone well over when you are repeatedly
> called out on the mailing list, blog posts, parody pictures, twitter,
> IRC and direct emails all on the subject of you not knowing what
> you're talking about
The reason I use these forums /is /because I /don't know/ what I'm
talking about & so I ask questions to find the solutions!!
> and/or that you are posting too often.
>
> It's a social thing, not a logical rule, and unfortunately some people
> just don't get it.

I find it ironic that I keep on being told it's OPENstreetmap, where
anything goes with the use of free form tags etc & yet get flamed for
upsetting the sensibilities of someone by posting a few messages!!

My posts weren't defamatory, abusive, racist or sexist. There were just
there, harmless.

Another irony, this is the most irrelevant, off topic thread in this
forum.<shakes head>

Dave F.