[OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Sat Oct 3 04:34:38 BST 2009

On 03/10/2009, at 1:24 PM, Russ Nelson wrote:
> I suggest instead that in cases such as these, SteveC should bless one
> of them with his Holy Water of Antioch (and the number of the tags
> shall be 3, no more and no less).  His blessing will tip the stable
> disconvergance in one direction.

For cases where it's something like picking a value from "yes/true/1"
or key from that list, sure. They all mean the same thing, and for the
most part it's easy to change.

I'd be less inclined to have one person, or the Ministry of Tagging,
to use argument-by-authority is there was actual contention about what
the tag actually means, as in some other discussions. Those ones
really need consensus, or you'll get groups of people (or whole
countries) ignoring the authoritative decision, and actually changing
existing use is much more complicated.