[OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 08:02:17 BST 2009

2009/10/3 Gervase Markham <gerv-gmane at gerv.net>:
> Two reasons off the top of my head: because we don't want to spend ages
> developing consistent tag sets and putting them on the wiki only to have
> someone else mess around with them. And because we'd like to get some
> sort of consensus before starting off on what will undoubtedly be an
> enormous chunk of work.

This is a really big thing for me, some suggest using a set of tags a
lot and then documenting, but I've done that with school zones only to
be told I did it all wrong and I should have done it some other way.

This was not only highly frustrating but demoralising and as a result
I've not been bothered tagging any more school zones because I don't
see a point until there is a "One True Way" to tag school zones.

So OSM has lost a collection of data from the real world as a result.