[OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:35:05 BST 2009

DavidD schrieb:
> If that isn't good enough what other method is there?
> How do you get from where OSM is now to the goal? Until someone starts
> coming up with ideas that have some connection to reality this will
> get nowhere. At the moment it is not much more than a bunch of people
> yelling "this sucks" every 10 minutes.

I agree that most of the current discussion is not heading towards a
concrete solution to work on.

However, the discussion shows, that "a bunch of people" as you call it
seem to think that we currently have a problem and continuing the way we
did in the past will not solve the issues or probably make things even
worse in the future. By talking with the mappers here in the area, my
feeling is that this is not a bunch, but the vast majority of OSM people
(as most of the "not so experienced mappers" are not participating in
this list).

If this discussion just results in more people getting aware of these
problems and just start to think about possible solutions then for me
this was worth the time and effort.

Regards, ULFL