[OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 15:24:55 BST 2009

2009/10/3 Matt Amos <zerebubuth at gmail.com>:
> it has to be said that, according to my german dictionary, the word
> "Führer" just means "leader" or "guide". i don't know if there are
> pejorative overtones to it in modern german use.

no, there aren't, it's the only word for "guide", used in alpine
tourism, for tourist guides in general, etc. (even for driving
license: "der Führer war ein armes Schwein, er hatte keinen
Führerschein"). To me it seems the most appropriate term for a leader
like the requested, that shows a strong hand, everybody would get
instantly what's this about if we call him OSM-Führer.

cheers,
Martin