[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - boolean values

Matija Nalis mnalis-news at voyager.hr
Sat Oct 3 17:43:10 BST 2009

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 09:02:07 +0200, Konrad Skeri <konrad at skeri.com> wrote:
> Time to end this debate
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/boolean_values

I do not think that jumping over "Draft" and "Proposed" stages directly to
"Voting" stage for a Proposal is in accordance with
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features#Proposal_creation_guidelines

If you're going to use the voting process (which might or might not be
useful for a proposed change like this) , could you at least please stick to
its own rules ? I don't think that trying to abuse it this way will help
anyone.

As it stands, I'm opposed to it, and with (not very major) modifications I
could've been for it. But skipping appropriate Draft and RFC stages made
made it impossible (for me or anyone else) to influence the proposal in
time, so the effort is now wasted (as you cannot change the proposal once
the voting has started, per rules above)

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.