[OSM-talk] EGNOS

Barnett, Phillip PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
Mon Oct 5 15:38:58 BST 2009

Hmm. I've been happily using it for the past couple of years, on my Garmin Legend Cx. I can get about 2m stated accuracy when it's working.

Though you're right - it's just been officially announced Ready for Use.

And it's not the new Euro GPS system - that's Galileo.
It's an accuracy augmenter (put badly, but you know what I mean)

You need to switch it on in the options - look for something about WAIS or differential GPS. You can tell when it's working as some of the satellite reception bars will have a capital D above them. You'll only have access if you have a clear view of certain geostationary satellites, so it won't always be there.

No - there's no reason you can't use it for OSM.

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
http://WWW.ITN.CO.UK
P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?