[OSM-talk] Google Updates its Data

Barnett, Phillip PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
Thu Oct 8 09:02:42 BST 2009

Sadly, the 'Report a problem' link only seems to apply to the USA. If you pan across to the UK, say, it doesn't appear.

[http://www.itn.co.uk/images/ITN_Master_blue.gif]
PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
WWW.ITN.CO.UK<http://WWW.ITN.CO.UK>
P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?
________________________________

From: talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org [mailto:talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Ian Dees
Sent: 07 October 2009 18:24
To: OSM Talk
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Google Updates its Data

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com<mailto:ian.dees at gmail.com>> wrote:
http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2009/10/your-world-your-map.html

Looks like they've imported the NHD and USGS data sets (I thought they already had), making their tiles look a lot fuller. Interesting!

Yipes, sent too soon. They've also added a "report a problem" link in the lower right corner of their maps.

If I could figure out a way to report it, I would tell them that there might not be a state park running through the middle of Minneapolis:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=&sll=44.983256,-93.250151&sspn=0.040675,0.064373&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=&ll=44.983256,-93.250151&spn=0.040675,0.064373&z=14
Please Note:

or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify postmaster at itn.co.uk