[OSM-talk] Google Updates its Data

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:43:04 BST 2009

the interesting change is in US. No copyright info linking to Teleatlas.
Google is now it's own map provider. I was long awaiting this move.
With their data from Streetview they can extract nearly every
information from streetsigns and roadmarking.
But their data is still wrong in many places where they don't had
access to driving. They need to hire more hikers and bikers for
streetview. osm is still ahead :)