[OSM-talk] Instead of voting

Rob rob at robreid.co.nz
Fri Oct 9 22:56:57 BST 2009

Lester Caine wrote:
> We still have not come to any consensus on the general points of mapping
> and who is in charge so a dictate from above TELLING us to move to a new
> list seems somewhat out of place?

I guess it's a matter of perception.
You see a dictate from above TELLING you to do something.
I see a fellow osm'er trying to help the community that has been a wee
bit fraught of late.

It seems like normal mailing list etiquette to me. If one area or
sub-topic, albeit a very important one, is dominating the list and is
prone long drawn out discussions then it seems sensible to move it to
its own list so those who want to take part can and those who don't want
to don't get mailbox-ache.

It seems to work reasonably well for the legal mailing list, why not
tagging?

rcr