[OSM-talk] Instead of voting

edodd at billiau.net edodd at billiau.net
Sat Oct 10 01:32:54 BST 2009

> Lester Caine wrote:
>> We still have not come to any consensus on the general points of mapping
>> and who is in charge so a dictate from above TELLING us to move to a new
>> list seems somewhat out of place?
>>
> I guess it's a matter of perception.
> You see a dictate from above TELLING you to do something.
> I see a fellow osm'er trying to help the community that has been a wee
> bit fraught of late.

It actually is another facet of the problem of *governance*.
I haven't checked whether the same people who want to make alterations to
the talk list are the same set / an intersecting set / not the same set as
those who advocate totally freeform tagging. Checking that won't change -
the basic problem is governance.

I'm sure that in three months a lot of tagging discussions will have
migrated from this list to the newer list.

If we then make a governance list, there will be nothing left for this
list to talk about at all