[OSM-talk] Visual map for the blind

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:11:51 BST 2009

2009/10/9 Lulu-Ann <Lulu-Ann at gmx.de>:
> starting today there is a visual slippy map displaying map features for
> the blind an visually impaired available in a beta testing state:
>
> http://freenet-homepage.de/rapunzely/OSM/blindmap.html
>
> Hobby cartographers without visual impairment can now check their
> contributions to the map for the blind, what will give them motivation.
>
> That is how the map will force the adding of tags relevant for tactile
> maps and navigation software for the blind as the next steps.
>
> The two tags "tactile paving" and "traffic_signals:sound" are
> already surprisingly often used.

What tag would you use for bus/tram stops with a "i" button that reads
out the information about trams soonest to arrive, aloud?

Yesterday I have requested the list of stops with tactile paving and
the audio buttons from Warsaw's local transport authority but don't
expect they will return much useful information.

Cheers