[OSM-talk] mapnik shelter rendering

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 11 18:05:36 BST 2009

> 2009/10/11 Dave F.<davefox at madasafish.com>:
>
>> I think you maybe confusing
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Shelter
>> with
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Alpine_Hut
>>
> no, I don't, alpine huts are bigger places, sometimes with
> "restaurant-like" features and beds, while shelters are small huts,
> sometimes not closed on all sides, to protect you in bad weather. But
> I agree that there could be differentiation with subtags. All covered
> busstops currently are tagged with shelter=yes.

There's also this:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/wilderness_mountain_buildings
With a number of proposed tags to use instead of the rather ambiguous
"shelter".
But not much seems to have happened with it for a while, and it seems to
include several different words for what is essentially the same thing.

Craig