[OSM-talk] OpenStreetBugs: shared database and translations

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:02:10 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:

> Mitja Kleider wrote:
> > I am happy to announce that error reports are now stored in one single
> > database, no matter whether you are using the interface at
> > <http://openstreetbugs.org/> or at the Google hosted
> > <http://openstreetbugs.appspot.com/>.
> >

> Please forgive me if I'm not understanding correctly, but what is the
> purpose of this site?
>
> I looked at the a couple of problems that were listed in my area.
>
> It seems to me, if they know the problems then they know the solutions.
> It would have taken less time for the poster to fix them himself rather
> than posting to this site asking others to it for them.
>
> Or am I missing something?

The point behind openstreetbugs was/is to provide an extremely easy-to-use
interface for people outside of the mapping community to bring attention to
something that needs to be fixed with the map data.

Think of it as an analogue to the "Report a problem" feature that appeared
in the US portion of maps.google.com last week.