[OSM-talk] OpenStreetBugs: shared database and translations

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Wed Oct 14 12:32:10 BST 2009

I tend to use OpenStreetBugs when I spot something on the map that makes no
sense (such as one-way indications that leave you stuck in one place) or where
information is missing (as often when a road and cycleway cross, but there is
neither an explicit intersection nor an explicit layer tag to say they don't
intersect).  Usually this is when investigating a warning from
<http://keepright.ipax.at/>.

It's also useful to note a feature that should be surveyed and added to the map,
but where you don't have enough information to add it yourself.  For example you
might spot some missing streets from a car window as you drive past, but you
don't know how long they are or their exact position.

Adding a FIXME tag to the map is another way of marking these to-do items, but
that requires the feature to already exist.

Until now, when I have gone out to do mapping I have focused mainly on killing
the no-name highlights, and adding missing paths as a side effect.  But as inner
London is nearly complete now, in future I expect to go armed with a list of
bugs in an area and try to survey them.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>