[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC -(man_made=mineshaft)

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 21 10:49:51 BST 2009

Someoneelse schrieb:
> Ulf Lamping wrote:
>> A former cafe can be helpful as a landmark as well. Especially when
>> it's a free standing building (e.g. in a forest) near a larger city,
>> which is not that uncommon in germany.
>
> Whether you think it's still a café (or a pub) or not might depend on
> how hungry or thirsty you are.  If I was, I wouldn't consider it one.

What part of "former cafe" is it that don't you understand?

If someone tells you there once was a cafe at the end of the road and
there you should turn left, do you expect to get some coffee or tea and
a cake there? I very certainly wouldn't.

> It's probably a decision best left to someone stood there in front of it
> rather than trying to impose a structure from above.

That sentence makes no sense in the context of what I've written.

Regards, ULFL