[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC -(man_made=mineshaft)

Someoneelse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Wed Oct 21 11:02:30 BST 2009

Ulf Lamping wrote:
> What part of "former cafe" is it that don't you understand?

Well,

amenity=former_cafe

I certainly DO understand.  I thought that you were arguing in favour of
the construct further up the thread:

amenity=pub
disused=yes

To my mind a pub that doesn't serve beer some of the time isn't a pub.

>> It's probably a decision best left to someone stood there in front of
>> it rather than trying to impose a structure from above.
>
> That sentence makes no sense in the context of what I've written.

What I was trying to say (and has also been explained perhaps more
clearly by others) is that in some contexts "disused=yes" can make
sense.  It's impossible to imagine all the possibilities sat behind a
keyboard.