[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] proposal for deletion: talk-us-ga and

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 06:43:12 BST 2009

2009/10/22 Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk>:

> There is not currently a single solution, but I see no reason why a good
> email based list can't simply add a web based interactive archive as well?

There are solutions, but all the ones I know about are commercial.  I
use a board based on MPNews from MessagePixels - I access it via NNTP,
others use it as an email list or a web based board. There is a bit of
culture clash - people who use the threaded (web based, nntp) forms
tend to snip more than the email people like, for example, but it
seems to work.

I'm a bit surprised that there isn't an open source equivalent.

Stephen