[OSM-talk] Randomly disappearing streets

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Thu Oct 22 14:52:38 BST 2009

On Thursday 22 October 2009, Bev M Ewen-Smith wrote:
> Concordia Avenue, Wirral (CH49 6JD) was there; now isn't.   LatLon
> 53.3877,-3.0919
> Neighbouring streets all still present.

I'm trying to find the culprit using http://www.openstreetmap.org/history?bbox=-3.09983%2C53.3851%2C-3.08397%2C53.3903 and I'm recalling how inadequate the tools are for this task.

How (un)feasible would it be to have a revision bisect view of the area? I'm assuming doing a proper on-the-fly mapnik rendering of an arbitrary point in history is out of the question. What about using the slippymap's 'data' layer to display the revision?

( sorry, did sotm's #lazygeo session finish? )

robert.