[OSM-talk] differences in how OpenCycleMap renders bicycle parking

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Fri Oct 23 14:18:30 BST 2009

Hi Edward,

You need a capacity of at least 20 before it is shown. The reason for
needing a larger number of spaces before it was rendered with a big C
was due to places like http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=18&lat=51.49685&lon=-0.12529&layers=B000
  where it would show lots of blue C's beside each other which wasn't
particularly useful when the cycle parking was mapped in detail.

You'll find that a heat map similar to http://www.flickr.com/photos/gravitystorm/3811329030/
  would be of far more use to your project.

Shaun