[OSM-talk] differences in how OpenCycleMap renders bicycle parking

Hillsman, Edward hillsman at cutr.usf.edu
Fri Oct 23 14:28:43 BST 2009

Hi Shaun,

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. We do have areas here with
huge numbers of bicycle spaces, but the ones I had used for testing
aren't among them.

I agree, the heat map would be more useful. Can you point me to
resources for making such a map from OSM data?

Ed

Edward L. Hillsman, Ph.D.

Senior Research Associate

Center for Urban Transportation Research

University of South Florida

4202 Fowler Ave., CUT100

Tampa, FL  33620-5375

813-974-2977 (tel)

813-974-5168 (fax)

hillsman at cutr.usf.edu <mailto:polzin at cutr.usf.edu>

http://www.cutr.usf.edu <blocked::http://www.cutr.usf.edu/>

On October 23, 2009, and 9:19, Shaun McDonald wrote:

>Hi Edward,

>You need a capacity of at least 20 before it is shown. The reason for
needing a larger number of spaces before it was rendered with a big C
was due to >places like
http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=18&lat=51.49685&lon=-0.12529&layers=B0
00 where it would show lots of blue C's beside each >other which wasn't
particularly useful when the cycle parking was mapped in detail.

>You'll find that a heat map similar to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gravitystorm/3811329030/ would be of far
more use to your project.