[OSM-talk] Flickr Now Supports OSM Tags

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:46:57 BST 2009

Hi folks,

2009/9/28 Jack Stringer <jack.ixion at googlemail.com>:
> http://code.flickr.com/blog/2009/09/28/thats-maybe-a-bit-too-dorky-even-for-us/

Just a note that http://www.openstreetmap.pl/wp now shows those "osm:"
machine tagged pictures from flickr at z >= 15 in addition to
wikipedia and other external links.  Here is a nice concentration of
picture-tagged objects from user SK53:

http://www.openstreetmap.pl/wp?lat=51.5225&lon=-0.7235&z=16

Flickr dots are pink, wikipedia blue, all other grey (if you have a
better suggestion I'll take it).  Mouse over to highlight ways and
areas.

The page does not use flickr geolocation apis, only the tags.

Flickr tags for all flickr-linked features in view come up at the
bottom of the page but there are currently too few of them for it to
be fun.

If a picture happens to have both a osm:node/way/relation= machine tag
and a dopplr:eat= or foursquare:venue= tag, then also links to Dopplr
and foursquare.com are displayed directly on the map.  I think this is
a nice example of how Linked Data works because neither osm knows
about foursquare.com or foursquare about osm, yet records in two
databases manage to be matched.

Cheers