[OSM-talk] multipolygon (lake) not rendering

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Oct 26 14:14:17 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Personally, I am hoping that we will (re)introduce a proper
> area data type some day because even though the multipolygons
> were a good idea at the time, they do seem a bit clumsy now.

I agree.  Areas will come ever more complicated with data imports and
tracing from high resolution images. I checked that the biggest lake
polygon in the official Finnish mapping data has 287273 vertices, 5484
islands and the total length of this simple polygon is more that 5276
kilometers. It would be quite a beast as OSM multipolygon relation.

-Jukka-