[OSM-talk] [Tagging] emergency=*

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 1 15:08:10 BST 2010

Am 31.07.2010 14:00, schrieb Peteris Krisjanis:
> 2010/7/31 Ulf Lamping<ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:

>> 4) Change it in every map renderer / router / other software that is out
>> there - hundreds (or already even thousands?) of applications
>
> Really hunderds and thousands? I think it is more in tens ballpark, 20
> at the best. And most of them developed actively by OSM community
> which follows news from it.

See:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Mobile_phones
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/List_of_OSM_based_Services

... and those lists are only the tip of the iceberg.

Please remember, that it's not done to change only the software (e.g.
mkgmap), but each rule file or alike in use.

> I know all costs,

I have doubts about that.

Regards, ULFL